Tuesday 2 June 2015

Yum

Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry & Nuts Muffin

Sometimes, you want to make something delicious, sweet yet healthy for your kids. You also do not want to waste a lot of time making it. So was my thinking this morning, I wanted to treat my kids with something sweet but wanted to save my time as well. Mornings are busy, super busy with pampered kids in my house.

Gathered few basic ingredients and made these awesome tasting muffins. I ate 3 myself, God it was a pure sin during my exercise challenges. But I ate and I do not regret for that. I can do some more running but can not leave my treats for weight.

So the case was making muffins, Made blueberries muffin with some coarse mixed nuts and used wholewheat flour instead of plain flour. Recently heard a lot about Plain flour and it's dis-advantages, making me use more and more wholewheat flour.

Well, it's very easy and simple recipe. Ingredients will all be available in your kitchen and it takes hardly 30 minutes of your time. I'm sure now this will temp you to try your hands on this recipe. Don't forget to comment below. Until next time.......Happy Cooking Friends, Saumya


Ingredients:

Blueberries                           - 1 cup
Coarse Nuts                          - 1/4 cup (Almond, Cashewnuts, Pistachio)
Raisins                                  - 10-15
Plain flour                             - 2 tblspoon
Wholewheat Flour                - 1 heaped cup
Baking Soda                          - 1/2 tspoon
Baking Powder                      - 1/2 tspoon
Brown Sugar                          - 1/2 cup
Oil                                          - 2 tblspoon
Yogurt                                    - 1/2 cup
Water                                      - 1/2 cup


Method:

Coat the blueberries in the plain flour, keep aside.
Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a muffin tray with 10 muffin liners.
Mix Flour, Baking soda and baking powder well in a deep mixing bowl.
In another bowl, mix sugar, oil and yogurt until sugar is dissolved.
Now combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
Mix it well to avoid any lumps with the help of water. I added exactly 1/2 cup of water.
Once mix well fold the nuts, raisins and blueberries in the batter.
The batter will be on the thicker side, do not add any more liquid to make it thinner.
Blueberries leave their juices while cooking so we need the batter a bit thicker.
Distribute the batter equally in the muffin liners.
Bake the muffins on 180c for 15-20 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Once baked take them out of the oven and keep them on the cooling rack until they are cool enough to handle with bare hands.
I bake these for morning breakfast, so served them warm.
You can cool them completely and store them in the fridge for use as dessert or sweet treat.
Simple, easy and quick recipe of lovely soft and spongy muffins. My family loved them on breakfast, I'm sure yours will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment